jeudi 19 avril 2018

Oath of the Parent


Here is an essay for an "Oath of Parents" based on the model of the Hippocratic Oath, because the parent is the one who makes the child, he is the initiator of any society. If the doctor, who does the secondary act of healing, is to take an oath, why should not the parent who is doing the main act of giving birth take an oath? The parent must work hand in hand with the farmer, the dietician and the doctor. The doctor should intervene only to treat the consequences of the initial defects of the body and not the defects due to abuse (education, food, housing, society).

If there is an oath of Hippocrates, there must be an oath of the Parent, of each parent.

Beginning of the oath of the parents:

At the time of being admitted to practice parenthood, I promise and I swear to be faithful to the laws of honor and probity.

My first concern will be to establish and maintain the well-being of my child in all its physical, mental, and social elements, as long as I am alive and as long as my physical and mental health permits.

I will respect my child as a person, as my equal. I will preserve the neutrality of his education so that he can establish for himself his own convictions or lack of convictions. I will not compel him to exercise any religion. I will not abuse my authority. Even under duress, I will not use my knowledge against the laws of humanity.

I will never deceive his trust and will not exploit the power inherited from parental, cultural, and social impregnation to force his consciousness.

I will not be influenced by the thirst for gain or the pursuit of glory.

Admitted in the privacy of my child, this person, I will keep the secrets that will be entrusted to me. Received inside his room, I will respect the secrets of his intimacy and my behavior will not serve to corrupt his mores.

I will do everything to relieve his suffering. I will not improperly prolong his agony. I will never cause his death deliberately.

I will preserve the independence required for the fulfillment of my assignment. I will not undertake anything that goes beyond my skills. I will maintain and improve them to provide the best services that will be required to ensure the welfare of my child.

To make a child being the social act in essence, participating in the general mutual aid, I will help other parents and their families in adversity.

That humans and my fellow citizens give me their esteem if I am faithful to my promises; that I be dishonored and despised if I miss it; that Justice condemns me if I miss it.

(Note: Oaths are said by individuals, but as they say oaths, the Nation itself should take an oath to those who work for it, to ensure that they can live properly. There cannot be an individual oath without a national counterpart.)


End – E. Berlherm

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire